In addition to her work, Danielle enthusiastically gives back to her profession and her community. In April 2020 she was appointed to serve on the University of Toronto Governing Council. Danielle is the Chair of 100 Women in Finance Canada, a global organization with over 15,000 members committed to empowering women working in the finance industry to achieve their professional potential at each career stage. She is a former Co-Chair of the Manager’s Only Committee for the Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) Canada and continues to contribute to the asset management professional community through speaking engagements at industry conferences. In 2018 Danielle joined the board of directors of Ridge Canada Cyber Solutions, a managing general insurance agency incorporated to provide cyber insurance products, consulting and loss control services to insurance agents and brokers.
Danielle graduated from the University of British Columbia with her LL.B and is called to the bar in both British Columbia and Ontario. When not at the office you can find her enjoying and active life in Toronto with her husband Matt and her three daughters Emma, Phoebe and Madison.
Day 1: Jun 17, 2020
Remote Management and Covid-19: Managing Oversight, Audits, and Other Ongoing Challenges
Work from home mandates presents new challenges for compliance officers. With more remote work, and the challenges surrounding monitoring and other compliance issues, learn how firms are coping with the changes. Join the discussion on how best to address:
- What the temporary blanket relief for registrants and unregistered capital markets participants entails
- The special challenges of overseeing advisors when all parties are working remotely
- Supervising registerable activities remotely
- Increased risks from non-face-to-face interactions and reliance on digital and virtual communications
- Cybersecurity impact to compliance and risks programs
- The current auditing challenges, and what to expect going forward
Assess the compliance challenges faced during Covid-19 as we move into a new year
Day 2: Jun 18, 2020